Clinics: All Student Levels
- Elementary through Professional
- Daily, Weekly and Follow-Up, Residencies
- Guest Conductor of Big Bands and Studio Orchestras
- How To Swing and Groove!
- The Shuffle Feel!
- The Rhythm Section
- Rhythm for All Instruments
- How To Listen!
- The Drum Set!
- A Life in Music/A Life in Jazz!
Clinics: Band Director
- How To Rehearse Big Bands, Ensembles and/or Combos
- How To Swing and Groove
- How To Teach Jazz Styles
- How To Teach Improvisation
- How To Put Together a Jazz Program and/or Festival
- Consulting (all jazz areas of study)
- How to Prepare High School Students for College/Conservatory Jazz Program Auditions! What’s Expected from Students? What Student’s Can Expect from Colleges or Conservatory Programs
What can I bring to a School and/or Institution?
- Internationally recognized Jazz educator
- An inventive approach in administration and teaching with many years of experience
- Conductor of Big Bands and Large Ensembles
- Coach of Combos and/or small ensembles
- Master classes, clinics, workshops and lectures in improvisation, rhythm, swing and groove and rhythm section playing
- Drumset lessons, successfully having taught some of the most important jazz, pop and funk drummers, currently performing
- Administrative experience as Associate Dean of Jazz Arts program, MSM
- Program Director for Carnegie Hall Jazz Education
- Creator and Director of New York All City High School Jazz Program
- Founder, Designer, Director, LaGuardia High School of the Arts Jazz Program
- Consultant and clinician to Wynton Marsalis and Jazz at Lincoln Center Education
- Artistic Director and Conductor of both the McDonald’s and Grammy High School Jazz Bands and Programs
- Clinician and Board Member of National Young Arts Foundation, Presidential Scholars in Jazz
- Three-time recipient of the Presidential Scholars Teacher Recognition Award in the field of Jazz by the US Department of Education.
- US State Department Cultural Envoy of Jazz Ambassador to Tiblisi, Georgia
- Designer/Creator of the MSM Jazz Program, LHS Jazz Program, the True School in Mumbai, India and the Henry Mancini in Los Angeles
- Coordinator and Designer of International Exchange School Programs
- Drumset and/or Conducting credentials including Concerts, Commercials, Broadway Shows and recordings with Jazz, Orchestral, Pop and New Music groups
- Performances with many acclaimed artists, including Joe Lovano, Dave Leibman, Paquito D’Rivera, Randy Brecker, Phil Woods, Donny McCaslin, Dick Oatts, Terell Stafford, Dizzy Gillespie, Clark Terry, among others.
- Global and International experience in Summer Workshop and Performance Programs and Festivals